Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Golden Rule is/is not in action in our cafeteria?

Observation:
Junior High students tolerate High School (and JH) students breaking in line in the cafeteria

Questions:
  1. Does this happen often?
  2. Is the rule still HS students are to give preference to JH students at 12:10-12:20?
  3. What should a JH student do when this happens?
  4. What can we do as a community?...Change the policy to first-come-first-served?...remind HS students to follow the Golden Rule?....
Additional Questions:
  1. Is this a big deal to only me? 
  2. Is this an issue for students?
  3. Is this a problem for students?   Is it a fixable problem?
  4. Weren't most of these HS students JH student here at one time?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm in Mr. McCalla's H Algebra II class, and he told us to comment on your blogs! At my school, HS girls skip MS girls a lot. Usually, they will just step in front of MS girls and say, "Seniority! Seniority!". I don't think it is rather nice to the Middle School Girls, and I do think that maybe our high school should be reminded about the "Golden Rule", and that "Seniority" is just a SMS school myth. "Seniority" doesn't exist in the real world. A MS girl should be able to tell the HS girl that she was here first, and that she shouldn't cut in line; however, mist Middle Schoolers I know are scared stiff of Upper Schoolers! So sadly, the tradition of "seniority" has just been accepted. I think that we should always brush up on the Golden Rule. It makes school life way more pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm form Mr. Mccalla's class also. I belive that it does happen often because their excuse is ususally, "I have seniority over you", or someting alonf those lines. I don't think students mind much, just because, they might think, "Well, I will be that age soon, so I will be able to do that too.". So, I don't think they mind just because, they will be able to skip eventually also. I think that a student should just say, hey I was here first please don't skip me. I don't think it is right for the girl who was in line first to be skipped eventhough she is younger just because, i think that it is rude. I think you should remind them of the golden rule, and if the problem still goes on, then you can say, or make the rule first come first served. Thanks! -Mackenzie.

    ReplyDelete